Sunday 14 November 2010

Has Cheryl Cole got the X factor?

Call me mad, insane, an idiot or any name under the sun but I cannot see the fascination with Cheryl Cole? Yeah okay, she has a pretty face but let's be honest, she has had a lot of work done...



                           


It is blatently obvious...the shape of her face is different, her teeth, lips...I don't have enough grounds to suggest anything else, or maybe I am just trying to find fault, but I just cannot see the attraction. Afterall, it isn't just a pretty face you see before you (that's the picture on the right I'm referring to by the way). No matter how much money or fame you have, the past is always there to haunt you. I cannot blame her for her rise to fame, if I had the opportunity I might do the same as I'm sure many of you would, but it's the past and her attitude over the last few weeks which has forced me to write this article.....yes, that's right...FORCED!!!

Let me first deal with her past. I don't care who you are, no one can change so much that they rip their roots up out of the ground and leave them behind. Soon after Cheryl shot to fame, she managed to get herself arrested and land herself a conviction and as a result, a criminal record for.....assault. You can make all the excuses possible, but that puts me off almost immediately. Of course this isn't the reason I have decided to write this article, we all make mistakes, but all I'm saying is that she shouldn't have done it.....!!!



Cole (then Tweedy) leaving court



Let me just make one thing clear, I don't hate the girl, I have no reason to hate her, it is a very strong word. I just feel very strongly about what has been going on recently. This concerns the x factor. First of all, I don't consider her to be the best singer in the world, if she entered the competition as a solo artist, she wouldn't get past boot camp, great image maybe, but in terms of her voice, no good. I am also no expert on dancing, but my girlfriend is a dancer and therefore I feel that this entitles me to an opinion on the matter, but watching her dance and sing at the same time.....not my cup of tea. She appears to me very wooden, and jagged. Not fluid at all. No one is perfect, I am far from that, but I wouldn't be entertained by her in concert and after recently miming on x factor, it wouldn't push me into buying a ticket for my most hated person, let alone myself!! Based on these grounds it begs the question...Why is she judging talent? She is by no means talentless, but being judged by her on signing??????? This links to Alesha Dixon on Strictly. She has no idea about ballroom dancing and its' technicalities, so why on earth is she juding the people on there...she has won it yes, but still. I don't care if Cheryl Cole brings in hoards of extra viewers, she has no reason to be judging singers. All these people are interested in is money and themselves. They couldn't give a flying duck about their acts, hence why Cheryl flew to L.A in the week and left them to it.



A flying duck...



My next issue is the way she is treating some contestants on the show. First of all, Wagner (pronounced as Vanger, Louis). She has treated him with so much disrespect of the last few weeks it is unreal, sat there shaking her head as he performs, how dare she!? It isn't the guy's fault that people vote for him is it? Or is it entirely his fault? He, like Mary, is brilliant for the show, funny yet entertaining and a breath of fresh air. He gets a great reaction and people love him...sorry Cheryl. But give him a break. And if this hasn't been enough, Cheryl's reaction to Paige on last night's show (13/12) and the song choice was unbelievable. Not only did she insult him but the great Elton John. Elton has recorded 40plus albums in his decade-spanning career and Cheryl wasn't familiar with the song choice...Crocodile Rock...I mean what the f$%k?! How disrespectful is that??? I just laughed, could not believe what I was hearing.

My final point. Yes I'm nearly done, don't worry, the rant is nearly over. But as far as I'm aware, the US authorities make it very difficult to work or live over there if you have previously been arrested or have a criminal record. So why is that Cheryl Cole is able to waltz over there in business class and set herself up a home and a career and Joe Bloggs from around the corner isn't??? Well it's because of her money and popularity, that's the answer, but it isn't right. She is no better than the next person in the UK who was convicted of assault...

Anyway, has Cheryl Cole got the x factor??? I don't think so. Now many of you will disagree, and I'd welcome your arguments and thoughts on this. I know she has had a hammering recently, but it was her performance as a judge on x factor last night and over the last few weeks that has really made me consider her likeability. Surely people are starting to see through the mask she has created for herself (or the one her surgeon gave her).

All the best,

Ben x



8 comments:

  1. I completely agree - cannot stand her anymore. I used to love her but after watching her recently I don't see what all the fuss is about. Give anyone as much money as she has and they'd be able to look as good. I also don't think that had she not been married to Ashley Cole that she would have been as popular and well known as she is now. She was in Girls Aloud, but no other member of the band has as high a profile as she does. She has no talent at the end of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you share my view on this...I'm just waiting to hear from other people on the issue because whether we like it or not, it is a public debate. I wouldn't say she used Ashley Cole for it, but without him she wouldn't be where she is today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i disagree!! my brother got kicked out of a night club a while back cuz this bloke started on me. Raised his fist and all! I antagonised this bloke. all in his face (yess even at my height haha). Still everyone makes mistakes... im the first to admit that. I don't think she should still be getting ridiculed for something that happened years ago. She's over it, i'm sure the toilet attendant is. And i'm pretty sure if it wasn't someone famous then, that toilet attendant wouldn't even be bothered.
    Fair play to her for getting where she is today, I think anybody in their right mind would trade places with her. BTW she didn't criticise wagner she said he was very entertaining. If the judges gave positive comments every time someone sang it would be boring... Its unfair that Wagners still in it and Aidan left last week and over KATIE... now if you want to abuse someone .... please make it her next... she aggravates me!! lol!
    I'm not cheryls biggest fan by all means, but i think she does get alot of stick. I have read her biography, that she didn't write btw. But i literally couldnt put it down, probs because she didnt write it, but it did make me see her in a different light.
    And for her dancing, she is a better dancing than singer by far, but she can sing and dance better than me so i don't feel i have to right to criticise. I've always said and had many arguments about this, that if you can't prove you can do it better then i don't think anybody has any right to criticise. Opinions yess, but they're not necessarily valid! I am a dancer have been since i was three, but no way in hell can i dance like Cheryl. I'm also a singer and with the tuning she gets behind the scenes on the singles im sure i could sound alot better haha!!
    Anway, I don't know if any of my points are even valid, but I think she needs to be cut some slack, after all, I like my private life... and im glad that if im ever cheated on it wont be slapped all over the tabloids!!
    Much love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Right where do I start with this...in order would be a good way to do it I suppose. Thanks for your response Kayleigh! I agree that she will be over the matter but that doesn't mean the public are, which was the point I was trying to make. She might be, but it will always be in the forefront of people's minds.

    She may not have criticised Wanger on Saturday but the previous few weeks she disrespected him and his performances. It's a circus show, let's be honest, and the only people that have a real say are Simon, and the public. You see the reactions from the contestants...they couldn't care less what anyone else says because at the end of the day, Simon has all the power. Her reaction to his performances you'll see over previous shows, shaking her head and her arrogant attitude. He's a human being, and merits a place just like anyone else does.

    As for the dancing, it isn't just me voicing the rigidity of her movements and poor singing voice...believe me, I'm merely expressing a point of view as a collective.

    Although I don't know why I'm bothering really!?!?! hahaha

    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, I used to like her, but she's a total cow these days.
    I do have one issue with your post though. Cheryl was beautiful when she was younger mate. If you look at her wikipedia page it shows all the 'most attractive' type beauty contests she won.

    The reason her face looks different in the 'after' picture is.

    1. She lost a massive amount of weight around that time and was anorexic, must be about 3 stone lighter there!.

    2. She's not a teenager anymore.

    3. Everybody has good and bad pictures of themselves, except they don't have the press picking them apart like Cheryl Cole.

    This will give the illusion that she's had more 'work done' than what is the case. Don't mean to be petty but I hate inaccurate information (lies).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry I'd like to add my final point was. Criticise her for being talentless and a sign of the culture we live in all you like and I'm up for that. But don't have a go at her looks. People can choose to be ignorant and believe she was ugly before hand, but she wasn't, the opposite in fact.

    I arrived at this page after browsing some facebook group criticising her for that exact reason.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A bit late I know, but to be named Britain's sweetheart is ridiculous. I completely agree that she has forgotten who she really is and her roots and has been overwhelmed by fame and fortune (but admittedly, my reaction might be similar in that situation). Referring to the treatment of Wagner, it was completely unfair and completely unprofessional about talking about press issues and not performance, which Judges tell their acts to ignore. Hypocrite.
    Also I don't buy into the 'feel sorry for me' act, of course Ashley Coles treatment with her is unacceptable but this happens everywhere in the country everyday and to people 100x less fortunate than her and with not a lot going for them, so I think her attitude should change from self pity to gratitude for where she is today and what’s got her there, a pretty face (unjustly world number one according to FHM) and poor vocals.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i completely agree, over rated in every way, and she cant even sing in my opinion. just goes to show how brainwashed people can be by the media. refreshing article.

    ReplyDelete